There is no such thing as job security.
Here are some of the downsides of having a job in my view
- You become dependent on your employer to keep paying you.
- Because of this dependency, you may become subservient to your employer which ends up being uncomfortable.
- The steady monthly payment on the 1st of every month could make you numb to the reality of life where anything can happen. As a result, you might end-up shocked or depressed in an economic crisis.
Here are some thoughts on why working as a freelancer or doing your own business is better than having a job.
- Being in business or working as a freelancers keeps you on your toes and thus ALIVE.
- You are required to increase your creativity to think beyond your routine work.
- Unlike one employer, having many clients from diverse industries increases your chances to have a revenue stream in times of a crisis.
- Clients are not like your boss. You can choose to work with them if you like.
- In an economic crisis, all industries are not impacted equally and thus it puts you in a better position to have a flow of revenue VS zero income if you lose your job.
- Because there is no guarantee how much money you may receive in a given month as a freelancer or a business owner, you become mindful of spending money. When you have a steady income on the 1st of every month, you tend to spend more than investing it wisely.
If you think this makes sense and you're looking for work opportunities, contact me via email on email@example.com and I'd be happy to help you start your own business or give you work opportunities as a freelancer.
Clearly a sign of the times..nicely put. I really liked the way Pt no 6 has been presented. It can work to one's advantage if he/she is disciplined.ReplyDelete
Exactly. Thank you for your comment. Do share this with other people so they wake up. :)Delete