How much will it cost?This is the first question most people ask me when they want a website or app created.
It's really hard to give an estimate without sufficient information about the requirements first.
Watch this video below so that you can understand why giving you an estimate without knowing and understanding the requirements is futile.
Now that you have a better understanding of why we need a written software specification, watch the video below to get an idea of how to write one.
How to write a Project Specification
Now that you have watched the video and are still reading this sentence, you are quite close to finding the answer to your question, “How much will ‘it’ cost?” To put it in a bulleted list:
- Brainstorm with your team to identify all the function your idea, webpage, or web app will perform
- Make a detailed descriptive document by writing them down
- Repeat terms and functions if they are meant to repeat in your application
- Polish your document with drawings
- Add use case user stories
- Cover the minutest detail
- Hand over the document to the developer
- Give them time to get back to you with the cost
To help you kickstart with the documentation, download any of the two or both of the documentation template:
Put your effort into it at the beginning, after all, you don’t want the scenario below to be your project story:
And just in case you need help with the writing part, fill-up this form. Our Software Requirement Specification writer will get in touch with you shortly.